You might not get into this for personal rewards, but it's why you'll stay.
William Morris College is a Specialist Centre for young people with learning difficulties, providing residential facilities, workshops, activities, and therapies to enable and build their life skills. We support the development of young people through a craft based curriculum, if you enjoy painting, woodwork, and cookery, and thrive on supporting young people achieving their goals, we would love to hear from you.
Hours of work:
£8.50 per hour.
70 hours per 2 weeks
7 Shifts over 2 weeks (4+3 shifts) 9.00 pm to 7.00 am
Job share would be considered (let us know how many shifts you would be interested in).
Nights worked form part of a 2-week rota.
As a Waking Night worker, the key duties are listed below, but are not limited to;
- Support the care of young people with learning difficulties in a residential setting, to a high standard.
- Support the personal care needs (including toileting if and when required) of the young person in accordance with their Care Plan and complete any care support duties assigned by the Senior Care Co-ordinator.
- Treat each young person with respect and dignity.
- Contribute to and support the implementation of strategies to manage a young person’s behaviour.
- Routinely check on young people at regular intervals during the night in line with Care Plan.
- Keep a waking night record and other detailed records as required relating to the care and support provided to the young person.
- Undertake some tasks that may not be related to care ie laundry, cleaning etc as required.
- Undertake any mandatory training and development as required by CQC and all other relevant bodies in addition to specific training for development in the role.
- Take part in personal supervisions and appraisals when required.
- Attend meetings if required.
- Behave in a professional manner at all times.
- Comply with WMC’s policies and procedures at all times.
Our Young people are very important to us, and we need to ensure that the staff we have are a great fit with them, if you have the right can-do attitude and love to work each day with an exciting challenge, we would love to hear from you.